Web Builder Help
Online Photo Galleries
You can create photo galleries in a number of ways.
1) You can upload photos to your account and simply add them to any page. This is great if you aren't putting up loads of photos (if you want loads then see point 2)
To Upload Images:
- Go to the File Library tab
- Click the Browse button and locate the image on your computer
- Select the image by clicking on it once and then click Open (bottom right of the Choose File box)
- Select what size you would like (Small, Medium or Large)
- Add a short description in the Description box
- Click Upload
Once the file is uploaded you’ll get a confirmation message.
Adding Images to a Page:
- Open up the relevant page for editing
- Click roughly where on the page you’d like the image to appear
- Within the Images tab click the camera icon
- Select the image you want from the list
- Set any formatting (such as Left or Right alignment)
- Click Insert Image.
The image will now appear on the page. If you want to change the settings simply right click on the image.
For advanced info about graphic file types and limitations please contact the helpdesk.
2) If you want quite a number of photos and the ability to organise them into galleries then you may wish to try a service such as www.flickr.com (if you don't upload more than 100MB of photos a month it is free). Alternatively if required you can pay for a Pro account with Flickr for $20 per annum (which lifts the restrictions) or an account with Smugmug from $39.99 per annum (sign up at www.smugmug.com).
Find out about how to include Flickr galleries in your site.
If you have any questions about galleries please let us know.